This course is presented within the RTC Pretoria as part of the Post Graduate Certificate: Weather Forecasting
It has 2 components: A Theory component (5 days) and a practical component (6 months)
The 5 specific outcomes of the Aeronautical Meteorological Forecasters (AMF) course are:
1. Analyse and monitor continuously the weather situation.
2. Forecast aeronautical meteorological phenomena and parameters.
3. Warn of hazardous phenomena.
4. Ensure the quality of meteorological information and services.
5. Communicate meteorological information to internal and external users.
- Teacher: Jannie Stander