This module looks at the general and scientific definitions of temperature as used in Meteorology. We also look at different instuments used to measure temperature along with their means of operation, how the temperature varies in one day as well as its impacts on atmospheric stability.
- Teacher: Teke Ramotubei
This should be read along with chapter three of explain basic meteorological concepts training manual for the National Certificate: Weather Observations. Any other material can also be used should there be a need for more knowledge not covered here and in the training manual. RTC trainers are also accessible for more explanation if necessary.
A basic refresher module on the interpretation of wind roses for use by Meteorological Technicians.
- Teacher: Lithakazi Mkatshwa
WMO/ICAO Aeronautical Meteorological Observer (AMO) Competency Criteria
1. Monitor continuously the weather situation.
2. Observe and record aeronautical meteorological phenomena and parameters.
3. Ensure the quality of the performance of systems and of meteorological information.
4. Communicate meteorological information to internal and external users.
- Teacher: Colleen Rae